First Baptist Church of Sebring, Florida, was called together and organized in February of 1922. There were 19 charter members when the church was founded. The newly formed First Baptist first met in the Presbyterian Church's building. After changing locations a few times, we settled into the property where it now resides.
On August 23, 1987, the first service was held in the sanctuary and the Reverend James W. McCall was the pastor. Since then, the church has re-worked its facilities to house a Fellowship Hall, kitchen, elevator, and children's department. Also, the "ROC" (Recreation Outreach Center) was built for atlhetic events, social gatherings, and youth activities.
First Baptist has been blessed with wonderful facilities over the years; however, the church has been about much more than buildings. She has supported local and foreign missions, started new churches, and equipped followers of Jesus Christ to serve Him faithfully. We give God deep gratitude and total credit for all of the good things that have happened over the years here at the church.
Our 90th birthday was celebrated in 2012, "Year Of Celebration." We look back on our past with gratitude, and we approach our future with optimism and excitement.